Friday, September 11, 2009

Saturdays


Last Saturday

Wake up at 8 after eight full hours of sleep, thank you Hypnos!
Scrambled eggs, ham and toast for breakfast. Satisfied burp.
Train to Kamakura.
Hot, hot, hot …daintily wave my Japanese fan and slurp on iced tea.
Say hello to the resident deity at the Shinto shrine.
Hike to the beach and catch a view of the Pacific Ocean.
Go to german café, ignore surly owner and chill on German beer, sausages and potato wedges.
Hop to Italian café next door. Stretch out at the ocean-facing bay windows. Nibble on dainty little starters and pizza.
Greet the bronze Budha.
Back to the hotel – run 5 km on treadmill. Attagirl!
Okonomiyaki and Monja dinner at Shibuya. Yummmmmy. Chatter and laughter as we make the pancakes. Enough time for me to finish a bottle of sake
Delicious sleep at hotel – Monday is still a night away!

This Saturday

Three hours of sleep, constant snoozing of alarm, panicked waking up – I’m sure my flight has taken off already!
Throw up airport sushi breakfast in the flight. Feverish sleep for 5 hours. Horrible to fall ill on a flight.
Another 5 hours of flying from Singapore to home. Dinner is fish again – hope it doesn’t mean another trip to the loo :-(
Looong wait for suitcase at the carousel. Obviously.
Crazy cab driver with F1 aspirations on Bangalore’s roads. Tick him off.
Our man takes revenge by refusing to carry my suitcase up the stairs despite my offer of generous tip. Bluhdy. Pant, heave, yikes
Midnight. My bed beckons. What a terrible, terrible way to spend a Saturday!

2 comments:

The Line of Beauty said...

Sounds like a dream!!

Have I ever told you how jealous I am of you?

Hina said...

dont be, the grass always looks nicer on the other side!